How to install amazon thermostat
If you have purchased a compatible smart thermostat from Amazon, and you are looking for how to install amazon thermostat, the amazon smart thermostat installation involves the following steps:
- Check compatibility: Before purchasing a thermostat, ensure that it is compatible with your heating and cooling system. Review the product details or consult the manufacturer’s website for compatibility information.
- Turn off power: Locate the circuit breaker that controls your HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system and turn it off to cut power to the thermostat.
- Remove the old thermostat: Take off the cover of your existing thermostat and remove it from the wall. Keep track of the wires connected to the thermostat terminals.
- Install the base plate: Attach the base plate of the new thermostat to the wall using screws or adhesive, depending on the manufacturer’s instructions. Ensure it is level and secure.
- Connect the wires: Connect the wires from your HVAC system to the corresponding terminals on the new thermostat’s base plate. Follow the provided wiring diagram or the instructions specific to your thermostat model. Some smart thermostats use wire labels for easier installation.
- Attach the thermostat: Carefully align the thermostat with the base plate and secure it in place according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Make sure it fits snugly.
- Restore power: Return to the circuit breaker and switch it back on to restore power to your HVAC system.
- Configure the thermostat: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to set up the thermostat. This may involve connecting it to your home’s Wi-Fi network, creating an account, and configuring settings such as temperature preferences and scheduling.
- Download the companion app (if applicable): If your thermostat is compatible with a smartphone app, download the app from the appropriate app store and follow the instructions to link it with your thermostat.
- Test and adjust: After completing the installation and setup, test the thermostat to ensure it is working correctly. Adjust the temperature settings and observe how your HVAC system responds.
Remember, these steps are general guidelines, and the specific installation process may vary depending on the thermostat model and manufacturer. Always refer to the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer to ensure a proper and safe installation.
How to wire amazon smart thermostat
- Take off the front part or box of your old thermostat. Before disconnecting any wires, take a photo of the wiring connections for later reference.
- Look for signs that indicate your system has high voltage:
- Warning labels mentioning 110v or 220v.
- Wires labeled as L1 or L2.
- Wires connected using wire nuts (screw-on caps).
If you see any of these signs, the Amazon Smart Thermostat will not work with your system.
- Note down which terminals have wires connected. Use your phone to take a picture, including the terminal labels.
- Remove one wire at a time. Use the provided stickers from the Amazon Smart Thermostat to label each wire with the corresponding terminal. Repeat this process until all wires have been removed and labeled. Make sure not to let the labeled wires fall back into the wall.
- Check if there is a wire connected to the C terminal, which supplies power from the HVAC system to the Thermostat. If there is no wire, newer homes might have an unused wire behind the wall plate. If no unused wire is available, you’ll need a C-Wire Adapter compatible with the Amazon Smart Thermostat.
- If you find an unused wire, label it with the C sticker and connect the other end of that wire to the C terminal on your HVAC system’s control panel. The C terminal might be labeled as “24V” or “24 common.” Then, connect the other end at the Thermostat to the C terminal.
- Remove the wall plate from your old thermostat. If desired, install the optional trim plate for the Amazon Smart Thermostat and then install its wall plate so that the labeled wires can come through.
- Once the wall plate is securely attached to the wall, connect each labeled wire from the wall into the designated slot as shown in the Alexa app. Refer to the labels and the picture you took if necessary. After connecting, gently pull on each wire to ensure they are properly connected. Make sure the R terminal switch is in the up position.
- Close the wire cover on the wall plate. Align the Amazon Smart Thermostat faceplate with the wall plate and press them together gently until they click into place.
- Finally, turn the power for the heating/cooling system back on at the breaker box or switch where you had turned it off.